Search: Advanced search
After performing firmware updates to my IQ device(s) or replacing an IQ device with one that has newer firmware, for one that had older firmware, the recalling of a Dataframe file causes the software to report .oif mismatches.
Systems Technology Note
Tech Note: 012
Software: IQ for Windows
Issue: .oif mismatch errors in software error reporting.
Situation: After performing firmware updates to IQ device(s) or replacing an IQ device having newer firmware, for one that had older firmware, the recalling of a Dataframe file causes the software to report .oif mismatches.
Dataframe files save the device’s firmware information. Newer firmware, even if in the same IQ device, may have the ID number for an object or objects moved to different object ID numbers. The older software will not have the .oif.file for the newer firmware version and will report that there is an .oif mismatch.
Update the software to the most current version and perform the following procedure.
1) Open the latest version of the IQ software.
2) Start and Engage the original Dataframe file.
3) Close the big IQ window containing the Dataframe file leaving the IQ software’s menu bar open.
4) Wait 40 – 45 seconds. During this time the software will poll the devices for their device information.
5) Open the Dataframe file using the IQ menu bar’s File|Open commands
6) At the software prompt to Engage the file “Yes or No” select NO. This will cause the settings of the devices to be loaded into the file.
7) Save the file with a new name.
8) Close the software
9) Restart the software and open the file. The newer firmware device(s) should now be registered in the Dataframe file and the file should work with the newer software version.
10) Verify firmware version on the device’s “General” Control Page.
11) Check settings.